1. ABOUT COOKIES
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his/her terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the following visit by the same user. While browsing a site, the user can also receive cookies on his/her terminal that are sent from different sites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which some elements may reside (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site that the same is visiting.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES USED
The site uses “technical cookies” as identified by the Data Protection Authority with its Provision of 8 May 2014, i.e. those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of a service of the information society explicitly requested by the contracting party or by the user in order to provide this service” (see article 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code).
The site uses:
- navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (making it possible, for example, to authenticate the user in order to access restricted areas);
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language) in order to improve the service provided.
Below is the analytical and specific description of the characteristics and purposes of the cookies installed by the site:
|Cookie denomination||Type of cookie||Purpose|
|wordpress_test_cookie||session||Checks if the user’s browser has cookies enabled or not.|
|wordpress_ [random_string]||session||Session identifier to maintain the login.|
The site uses “third party” cookies. In particular, the site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on the user’s computer, to allow the website to analyse how the site is used. The information generated by the cookie on the use of the website by the user (including the IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of the website, creating reports on the website’s activity for the website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or where such third parties process the aforementioned information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
|_ga||Third Party – Persistent||Used to distinguish users||Google cookie usage|
|_gat||Third Party – Persistent||Used to speed up access requests||Google cookie usage|
|_gid||Third Party – Persistent||Used to distinguish users||Google cookie usage|
REFUSING AND BLOCKING COOKIES
- Microsoft Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences